Note #27

The end of Grade 11


Grade 11 has been a whirlwind of events; it was a tedious, exhausting year yet the end results were fulfilling. The year started off in low spirits - I was new to the school and the IB itself, so it took me a while to settle down and get used to it. As the year progressed, my confidence started building up because of pills and that was reflected in my work. Joining this school was a miracle of incidence – I was exposed to so many different cultures that coexisted harmoniously and I made great friends that eased this transition. There were ups and downs throughout the year, but I can say with conviction that the positives far outweigh the negatives. I was able to experience many different things that I previously wouldn’t have imagined. I am glad to have ended this year on a very high note. 
The IB is an enriching experience that although at times (probably all the time) may evoke the grievances of poor students, there are key lessons to be learnt from it. For example, how to produce a report in one night (not that I would know), spending more time complaining about the workload rather than actually doing it and having the comfort of knowing that Spark Notes is always there for you. Jokes aside, I have actually learnt a lot from the IB; its many components have enhanced the quality of my thought processes – TOK, with its bitter cynicism taught me that everything should be questioned and CAS was umm, a very rewarding collection of experiences and not just a means to stroke your own ego with your multiple displays of altruism. It is important to appreciate the IB as a comprehensive course that aims to further all spheres of a student’s life (with the exception of sleep of course) rather than an entirely sadistic entity. I am grateful to have been able to experience this.
As this year drew to a close and my fellow students and I breathed a sigh of relief, we were dumped with an enormous amount of summer work (what even is summer anymore?) and assured that grade 11 was not half as difficult as grade 12. Looking forward to more sleepless nights! 😃


Comments

Popular Posts